On December 11th, the Wilson Center’s Maternal Health Initiative, World Vision, Inc., and JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. hosted an event titled Emerging Lessons from the DREAMS Innovation Challenge. A panel of experts presented on emerging lessons, best practices, and preliminary findings from the DREAMS Innovation Challenge, which empowered 46 grantees in 10 countries in sub-Saharan Africa to implement innovative solutions to reduce HIV infections among adolescent girls and young women. DREAMS IC is funded by PEPFAR and managed by JSI.
The speakers included:
- Angeli Achrekar, Principal Deputy Coordinator, Acting, Office of the Global AIDS Coordinator and Health Diplomacy, U.S. Department of State
- Rebecca Acio, Adolescent Girl Ambassador, SAGE-DREAMS Project, World Vision, Uganda
- Folami Harris, Project Director, DREAMS Innovation Funds Manager, JSI
- Rita Laura Lulua, Project Director, SAGE-DREAMS Project, World Vision Uganda
- Jane Meyers, Founder and President, Lubuto Library Partners
- Judy Mwangi, Senior Program Manager, East Africa, DREAMS Innovation Challenge Funds Manager, JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc.
- Sheila Omolo, DREAMS Bridge to Employment Beneficiary, Kenya